New Boat 10+2 Warranty (2011+ models)
Every Seafarer Boat (built 2011 onwards) is backed by a 10+2 year warranty (10 year structural, 2 year parts).
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which the consumer has under the Trade Practices Act and similar State and Territory Laws, The Haines Group Pty Ltd ATF The Haines Group Trust (“THG”) warrants with respect to each new boat manufactured by THG and sold by THG or a THG authorised distributor (the “Boat”) that:
- for a period of 120 months from the date of original retail sale THG will repair or replace the hull or deck of the Boat if structurally defective; (note: any models prior to 2011 manufacturing year have a structural warranty of 60 months)
- for a period of 24 months from the date of original retail sale THG will repair or replace free of charge any other part of the Boat (except gelcoat) found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship under normal use and operation within Australia.
N.B. Windscreen leakage, decals and “tea-staining” are not covered by this warranty policy.
For the purposes of this warranty, the terms: “structurally defective” means containing a defect that causes the hull or deck to be unsafe or unfit for use in normal operating conditions; “hull” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and integral fibreglass structural components below the hull flange; and “deck” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and internal fibreglass structural components above the hull flange.
This warranty applies only where:
- The Boat
- has been properly used and operated
- has not been fitted with an engine (or engines) which exceeds the maximum horsepower or engine/transom weights specified by THG
- has been properly maintained and cared for
- has not been used for water-ski or ocean racing or competition or commercial use
- has not been modified or altered after having been delivered by THG
- The trailer is correctly adjusted and meets THG minimum trailer requirements.
- All warranty work is approved by THG before repairs are carried out.
- The repair or replacement is carried out by an authorised THG dealer or by some other person approved in writing by THG prior to the repair or replacement being carried out. Unless prohibited by law, the liability of THG under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of defective part or parts, or the cost of such repair or replacement approved by THG prior to the repair or replacement being carried out. Provided that THG complies with this warranty THG has no liability under this warranty for any consequential or other loss caused by or arising out of, or relating to the defective part or parts, whether or not caused or contributed to by the negligence or breach of contract of THG or its agents.
- The claim under this warranty must be made in writing, setting out full details of the problem encountered, addressed to The Haines Group Pty Ltd, 140 Viking Drive, Wacol QLD 4076 and posted within the period of:
- 120 months from the date of original retail sale if the claim is regarding a structural defect; or
- 24 months from the date of original retail sale for any other claim under this warranty. This warranty will become effective upon receipt by THG within one month of original retail sale, of the duly completed THG Online Warranty Registration form.
Weights throughout this website are as accurate as can be reasonably determined in terms of boat, motor, trailer and fit out combinations. We suggest customers regard the weights as advisory, as so many variations can occur that are beyond the control of The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. Models that include self-draining decks are for wash down purposes only and water can sit on the sole of the cockpit in some circumstances. Customers should also note that water could enter the bilge area if the flexible sealant used on various joins is not maintained. Customers are also reminded the photographs on this website do show many optional and non-standard features or accessories. Further, as The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. is constantly working to build a better product, always check with your Seafarer dealer to ensure you have the latest specifications and price lists, as we reserve the rights to change specifications, fittings, inventory and prices without notice.
Seafarer is a registered trademark of The Haines Group Pty Ltd
*Maximum horsepower rating of 130 unless fitted with hydraulic steering.
The Haines Group Pty. Ltd.