NEW BOAT WARRANTY TERMS & CONDITIONS
New Boat - 10 years structural +2 years general warranty (2011 Models to current)
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
In addition to all other rights and remedies in respect of the product which you have under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and any other applicable law, The Haines Group Pty Ltd AT F The Haines Group Trust (THG) warrants with respect to each new boat manufactured by THG and sold by THG or a THG authorised distributor (Boat) that subject to the exclusions set out in this document:
- for a period of one hundred and twenty (120) months from the date of the original retail sale, THG will repair or replace the hull or deck of the Boat if structurally defective;
- for a period of twenty-four (24) months from the date of the original retail sale, THG will repair or replace free of charge any other part of the Boat found to be defective in factory materials or workmanship under normal use and operation within Australia.
This warranty does not cover:
- transportation arrangements and all transportation costs to and from the manufacturer’s repair facility for warranty work;
- repairs made necessary by normal wear and tear;
- engine and power train;
- breakage or leakage around windscreen/windshield or other design openings;
- replacement of items in the course of normal servicing and maintenance;
- damage resulting from accident, improper use, neglect or use of the boat in any form of competition where speed is a factor;
- damage arising from use of the vessel for commercial purposes;
- the gel coat including, but not limited to, cracking, crazing, discolouration, blistering, fading or yellowing;
- fading and deterioration of fabrics, canvas and upholstery;
- options and accessories installed after manufacture or any damage caused to an otherwise warranted item by options and accessories installed after manufacture;
- damage caused by improper maintenance, lack of proper maintenance, galvanic corrosion, fuel contamination, improper trailering or trailer set up, damage caused by operation of the boat in violation of any Commonwealth, State or Local Authority laws rules or regulations;
- incidental or consequential damage of any nature or kind whatsoever;
- the boat not meeting any published or announced performance characteristics regarding speed, fuel consumption or oil consumption;
- the boat if it has been structurally altered or repaired transported or powered beyond the recommendations of THG;
- water damage, dry rot, staining, discolouration, bleeding or absorption of water by condensation or otherwise to interior surfaces, polyurethane, foam or interior wood;
- damage to, or failure of, interior or exterior parts caused by maintenance and /or cleaning supplies.
- inspection, dismantling, repair and reassembly costs if it is established that the part or parts the subject of the warranty claim are not covered by warranty or are not defective;
- damage caused by continued use of the boat after a defect is or should have been discovered including any additional loss or damage caused by the continued use of the boat;
- component parts covered by any other manufacturer’s warranty;
- damage caused by loading and unloading from trailers, cradles or other boat storage devices or by travel lift or forklift;
- damage to the windscreen;
- rust and/or “tea staining” is not covered;
- decals; or
- damage to the gel coat or any other coating applied to the hull or the hull resulting from osmosis.
For the purposes of this warranty, the terms: “structurally defective” means containing a defect that causes the hull or deck to be unsafe or unfit for use in normal operating conditions; “hull” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and integral fibreglass structural components below the hull flange; and “deck” means the single fibreglass moulded shell and internal fibreglass structural components above the hull flange.
This warranty does not apply unless:
- the Boat:
i. has been used and operated properly and in accordance with the manufacturer's operations manual;
ii. has not been fitted with an engine (or engines) which exceed the maximum horsepower or engine/transom weights specified by THG;
iii. has been maintained and cared for properly and in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations;
iv. has not been used in any form of competition use where speed is a factor or for commercial use;
v. has not been modified or altered after having been delivered by THG;
- the trailer is correctly adjusted and meets THG minimum trailer requirements.
- all warranty work is approved by THG before repairs are carried out.
- the repair or replacement is carried out by an authorised THG dealer or by some other person approved in writing by THG prior to the repair or replacement being carried out.
In the first instance all warranty claims must be addressed to the purchasing dealer. All such claims must in writing, contain full details of the problem encountered and be submitted to the purchasing dealer (and copied to THG) within 30 days of the date on which the owner becomes or should have, exercising reasonable diligence, become aware of the defect. Copies of all claims must also be sent by post to the Warranty Manager, The Haines Group Pty Ltd, 140 Viking Drive, Wacol QLD 4076 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org on the date on which the claim is made. Claims must be made within:
- 120 months of the date of the original retail sale, if the claim relates to a structural defect; or
- 24 months of the date of the original retail sale, for any other claim under this warranty.
This warranty will only become effective upon receipt by THG provided that the owner submits the THG Online Warranty Registration Form to THG, within one month of the date of the original retail sale. The owner must bear all of the costs of claiming under this warranty. In particular, the owner is responsible for arranging and paying for the return of the Boat to THG, or an authorised repairer as directed by THG.
To the greatest extent permitted by law:
- the liability of THG under this warranty is limited to the repair or replacement of any defective part or parts, or the cost of such repair or replacement provided that THG has approved the repair or replacement before it occurs;
- all warranties implied by statute or law are expressly excluded; and
- THG has no liability under this warranty for any consequential or other loss caused by or arising out of, or relating to the defective part or parts, whether or not caused or contributed to by the negligence or breach of contract of THG or its employees, agents or contractors.
140 Viking Drive, Wacol QLD 4076 • seafarerboats.com.au • email@example.com •
Phone: (+61 7) 3271 4400 •
Searfarer is a registered trademark of The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. © Copyright 2013 The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. ATF The Haines Group Trust ABN 62 868 567 262
Disclaimer: Weights throughout this catalogue are as accurate as can be reasonably determined in terms of boat, motor, trailer and fit out combinations. We suggest customers regard the weights as advisory, as so many variations can occur that are beyond the control of The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. Models that include self-draining decks are for wash down purposes only and water can sit on the sole of the cockpit in some circumstances. Customers should also note that water could enter the bilge area if the flexible sealant used on various joins is not maintained. Customers are also reminded the photographs in this catalogue do show many optional and non-standard features or accessories. Further, as The Haines Group Pty. Ltd. is constantly working to build a better product, always check with your Signature dealer to ensure you havethe latest specifications and price lists, as we reserve the right to change specifications, fittings, inventory and prices without notice. The following trademarks are the registered property of either The Haines Group Pty Ltd or Haines Marine Industries Pty Ltd:- Seachange, Signature Lifestyle Boating, Lifestyle Boating, Traveler, Signature Synergy, Signature Benchmark, Logo Mark , Lifestyle Cruising, SVDH in Class 12, Haines Signature, Signature, Signature Variable Deadrise SVDH. Signature Variable Deadrise Technology is covered by numerous Australian and international patents.